The year 2002 witnessed the purchase of a significant portion of the Woman’s Club property adjacent to the museum on the south. In 2004, The Cummer Museum Foundation purchased the Woman’s Club building and renamed it The Edward W. Lane Jr. Building. The Lane Building is 13,400 square feet and sits on two-acres of property overlooking the St. Johns River.
It was designed in 1927 by architect Melvin C. Greeley (1880-1981) in a Tudor Revival style that complimented Ninah Cummer’s home. This building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. The Lane Building will be restored and expanded to host concerts, lectures, educational activities, opening night receptions, and other elegant affairs.